COLOMBO : A new consignment of medicine worth over 35 million RMB (1.8 billion LKR) donated by China under its 500 million RMB emergency humanitarian assistance arrived Colombo on Thursday Oct.27th via two charter flights from Chengdu, China. Chinese Ambassador Qi Zhenhong and Sri Lankan Health Minister Keheliya Rambukwella hosted a symbolic handover ceremony this afternoon at the Ministry of Health.
With a total volume of 151.25 cubic meters and weight of 28.64 metric tons, the consignment consists of:
1) 15,000 vials of Human Albumin Solution;
2) 330,300 doses of Rabies Vaccine for Human Use (Vero Cell) Freeze-dried;
3) 7,500 vials of 23-Valent Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPSV23);
4) 22,020 vials of Human Immunoglobulin (ph4) for IV use;
5) 170,240 syringes of Recombinant human granulocyte Colony-Stimulating factor injection.
Combined with the previous consignments in the month of June and September this year, the medical assistance from China reached 58 million RMB (3 billion LKR) in total. In the coming months, more medical supplies and other assistance such as rice, diesel and school uniform material will be further delivered to Sri Lanka. The Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka will continue working closely with the Sri Lankan authorities and make sure the assistance will reach the most needy people to help them address the current challenges.